Saturday, April 10, 2010

New artwork completed




Hello everyone just wanted to take a moment to update you on my latest pastel portraits completed so far this year. The first one was a commissioned memorial portrait of a Husky/chow mix named Java. This is a 16x20 portrait painted with soft pastels on suede mat board and was a gift my client purchased for her friend to help her through the loss of her beloved pet. The bond humans and animals have are very unique and is one of the reasons I choose to paint pet portraits. With my pastel portraits you can display the love and bond that you have developed with your animal companions and keep these cherished memories alive for a lifetime.





The second portrait completed in March was of my husband's great niece Alivia and her cat Ducey painted in soft pastels on suede which will be featured on my website's Children and Pets page later in April. This is the first time I have painted a childs portrait in soft pastels; usually I draw the children and their pets in Charcoal for my clients. But this year I wanted to expand my horizons and offer children's portraits in both pastels and or charcoal. I hope to complete two more children's portraits in pastels later this year as examples of children and there pet in pastels. If you know of anyone who would like to commission a portrait of their child and pets just direct them to http://www.animalsinpastels.com/ or email bornhorselover@aol.com and I would be happy to answer any questions.






My next project is a series of paintings for my new wildlife page dedicated to Tiger Haven, a safe place for big cats. This wildlife portrait page will feature the pastel portraits of Jabal the leopard, Tsavo a male lion, Botswana a lioness and Caden the tiger. After visiting Tiger Havens website and learning that this sanctuary is dedicated to rescuing abused and unwanted big cats I decided to help them by adopting Jabal a male leopard and painting this series in hopes to generate more awareness of the plight of these magnificent animals. If you would like to learn more about Tiger Haven and there mission to rescue these big cats please click here http://www.tigerhaven.com/ Please be aware you may end up spending hours at there web site. I know I did, and don’t miss the education page here you can listen to the sounds of many of the big cats at Tiger Haven. Enjoy~



Below is a pastel painting of "Jabal" a male leopard and the first portrait completed for this series. This painting is available for sale framed and ready to hang. You may also purchase the originals or 8x10 prints for $25.00 each of any of the other pastels paintings that I will be painting in this series. 20% of the proceeds will be donated to Tiger Haven to help with the cost of feeding and caring for more than 200 big cats still residing at their Sanctuary. I hope to have the first 3 paintings in this series completed by the end of April. Please visit my new web site's wildlife page to view the next in the series for Tiger Haven, which should be uploaded and ready to view by the end of April.




Until next time take care and happy spring~


Sandra Lee Huston

No comments: