Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Children and Pet Portraits

Hello everyone!

I wanted to take a moment to show you Abigail & Hyde's pastel portrait completed last week. This portrait of Abby was taken by Tammie Grieshaber from Mainely Portrait Photography Studio ( http://www.mainelyportraitphotography.com/). I first saw this photograph of Abby on a coworkers desktop last Christmas and knew I wanted to paint her in pastels. I asked Beth to give me a picture of Abby's pet so that I could paint her and feature her on my website as an example of my Children and Pet Portraits in Pastels. Beth was more than happy to send me pictures of Hyde, Abby's little kitten and after asking Tammie's permission to use her photograph of Abby as reference I was on my way. Below you will see the two photographs used for reference and the resulting pastel portrait.






Up until recently I only worked with charcoals for my children and pet portraits, as of June this year I will also offer children and pets in pastels from your favorite photographs. When a photograph is simply not enough and you would like to commission a pastel painting combining one or more photographs together, call or email me and we can discuss the possibilities available to capture your children and pets in a beautiful pastel portrait that will last a lifetime. To view more of my artwork please visit http://www.animalsinpastels.com/

My webmaster Sheri Gordon, will be updating my new prices and sizes available by the end of June 2010, please contact bornhorselover@aol.com for inquiries. Until next time, take care and enjoy the warm summer sunshine~


Sandra Lee Huston

No comments: